About Camp Hope
At Camp Hope we believe that certain distinctives set us apart from other camping organizations such as Boy Scouts, High Adventure and the YMCA. Our camp is based on some key doctrinal positions that are briefly outlined as follows:
- The Bible is inspired of God, inerrant in the original document and of final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God. He was born of a virgin and is sinlessly perfect. His sacrifice is substitutionary and representative. He rose bodily from the dead and ascended to His Father’s right hand, where He now ministers as our Great High Priest.
- Each member of the human race is fallen, sinful and lost, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of men. Redemption is wholly by the blood of Christ, and salvation is by grace, through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Church of our Lord Jesus Christ composed of all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ is one and indivisible.
- All believers in our Lord Jesus Christ are called into a life of separation to the Lord from worldly and sinful practices and habits.
Camp Hope Staff
Steve Roys – Camp Administrator
Paul Scanzillo – Facilities Manager
Camp Hope began in 1952 as a Summer Camp ministry to children and teenagers. As the program grew over the years the need was seen to expand the three week schedule, being held at rented facilities, to accommodate more campers. In 1978 the current property was purchased and renovated to provide a facility for the camp ministry to grow.
Camp Hope is conducted with the fellowship and cooperation of Christians gathering in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and under the sponsorship of Christian Youth Camp, Inc. Each program is designed for the purpose of presenting Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and to give an opportunity for campers to come to know Him personally and to grow spiritually. Camp speakers are chosen for their sound scriptural ministry, their ability to work with youth, and their desire to be used by God in this ministry. Counselors are selected on the basis of age, spiritual and emotional maturity and a desire to inspire young people to live useful, joyful Christian lives. Many exciting activities are available at Camp Hope.
Our facility is located on over 100 acres in the foothills of the beautiful Blueridge Mountains. Activities include: swimming, basketball, volleyball, softball, soccer, ping pong, boating, fishing, hiking, campfires, handcrafts, special outings, and great home cooked meals. Camp Hope is operated by Christian Youth Camp, inc. which is overseen by a board of directors consisting of volunteers from independent, non-denominational churches. Christian Youth Camp, inc. is chartered as a non-profit corporation and is recognized as such by the Internal Revenue Service. Finances for the camp are received from registration fees which cover a portion of operating expenses, and gifts from the Lord’s people which cover the balance of operating expenses as well as capital expenditures for the facility. Gifts are tax deductible.
Camper registration fees do not cover the cost of a full week of camp. If you would like to contribute to help cover these costs or to donate for a specific need you may donate two different way.
1. You can mail a check made out to “Camp Hope” at:
7011 Pony Lake Rd
Dahlonega, GA 30533
Please indicate in the memo section of your check what the donation is intended for.
2. You can donate through Pay Pal. You do not need a Pay Pal account to donate by this means.
Board of Directors