Fall Family ConferenceFamilies Welcome
Nov. 3-5, 2017
The Fall Family Weekend Conference is a time for the family to be able to get away from the daily routines and to enjoy in-depth teaching from the Word of God and fellowship with other families. There is a separate class for the 5-12 years during each meeting. There is free time to be lazy, canoe on Pony Lake, archery & BB gun, see the local area and enjoy the fall colors. One of the traditions of the Fall Family Conference is smores , hot chocolate and singing around a nice warm campfire on Saturday night. So come and join us for a fall weekend at Camp Hope.
Camp Hope’s Fall Family Conference will operate on the principle of looking to the Lord for guidance and provision rather than men. Because of this, there will not be a set charge or suggested offering to the camp. From the outset, it is realized that many young families would not be able to meet the expenses of such a camp weekend but that the Lord would move in the hearts of others to give above the cost of their coming in order to supply the needs of others. This whole ministry requires faith and exercise of heart for all involved; for the board in planning and keeping the expenses at a minimum and for the campers to pray, work and be sensitive to the Lord’s leading concerning the needs of the camp. With this in mind, we would ask you to please be responsible in both the helping and giving as the Lord enables.
Camp Hope Dress Guidelines In order to insure that clothing worn by both campers and staff will contribute to the spirit of camp in a positive way by being modest and acceptable, the following guidelines are provided. Remember, what you wear impacts others!
Note: The Camp Hope staff reserves the right to ask any camper to change their clothing if it is deemed inappropriate.
GUIDELINES FOR FEMALES
- Spaghetti straps; straps must be 2” wide or t-shirt worn underneath.
- Halter or strapless tops.
- Midriff tops (must cover stomach w/arms extended over head).
- Low-cut tops (front and back) – no cleavage visible.
- See-through tops.
- Derogatory logos, pictures or writing on clothing.
- Cutoff t-shirts.
- Should be one-piece modest bathing suits with no cleavage visible and with modest cut for top of leg area.
- No Tankinis swimsuits are permitted.
- Shorts must be of proper fit (not too tight) and no shorter than longest finger when hanging at your side (Approximately mid thigh). Knit cheerleader shorts will be allowed if they meet the above requirements.
- No hip huggers that reveal skin.
- No pajama pants outside of cabin.
- No super skinny jeans, yoga pants or leggings worn alone.
Sunday Morning Attire
- Sunday service attire may include dresses, nice pants, capris or skorts.
- Dresses and skirts must be no shorter than 4” above the knee.
- Dresses may not be low cut or have spaghetti straps. Straps must be 2” wide.
- Strapless dresses even with a jacket or sweater are not allowed.
GUIDELINES FOR MALES
- No derogatory logos, pictures or writing on shirts.
- Shirts should not be too tight.
- No cutoff t-shirts.
- Shirts must be worn at all times outside of the cabin except for sports when given permission and when swimming.
Pants and shorts
- No sagging pants. Pant must be worn at the waist.
- No boxers visible.
- No pajama pants outside of cabin. Sunday Morning Attire Appropriate shorts or pants & shirt. Tie is not required
What to Bring
Bible, notebook, flashlight, linens (flat sheets) and blanket or sleeping bag, clothes for a full week*, pillow, towels, washcloth, toilet articles, sweater/jacket, one piece modest bathing suit, clothes for dress up banquet, small electric clip fan.
Optional: musical instrument, fishing pole & tackle, spending money for camp store and daily canteen.